Having a safe space for emergencies can provide a sense of reassurance and meet your home security needs. When creating this sanctuary, you want to include the necessary security measures to ensure the space protects you well. Continue reading to learn about the benefits of high-security panic rooms and how to design the best spaces with high-quality products.
Benefits of a High-Security Safe Room
With a safe room in place, you have a line of defense when an emergency strikes and you need an impenetrable space to hide. An adequately equipped safe room offers life-saving protection during a home invasion, natural disaster, or other life-threatening circumstances.
Panic rooms are typically bulletproof and fireproof and can withstand extreme weather conditions. In fact, the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) states that when seeking shelter from dangerous storms and winds, such as hurricanes and tornadoes, there’s a high probability that those in safe rooms built according to FEMA standards will be safe from injury or death.
While building a panic room is ideal for security and safety, it can still be a comfortable sanctuary. Converting an existing room, such as your main bedroom, into a high-security panic room makes far more sense than constructing an additional room. It also ensures you have a comfortable space when you need protection, encouraging calm during stressful situations.
Recommended Safe Room Security Measures for Maximum Protection
There are a few crucial elements you should consider to ensure your safe room provides the protection and comfort you want, such as:
- Planning and construction: Include a panic room when designing a new home or add it to your existing home, concealing its entrance to make it less noticeable.
- Interior design: Furnish your safe room with comfortable seating and lighting, and incorporate entertainment and monitors for cameras outside the room.
- Structural reinforcement: Strengthen your doors, windows, and walls, bulletproof areas where necessary, and install a robust lock system.
- Communication system integration: Install an emergency communications and alert system to notify the authorities when an emergency strikes.
- Supply storage: Stock up on essentials such as nonperishable foods, blankets, and toiletries in case of an extended safe room stay.
Benefit From State-of-the-Art Safe Rooms That Integrate Into Your Home
At FBS, we use cutting-edge security technology to transform a room into an FBS Sanctuary™ with designer doors and windows handcrafted in Italy. Our team of experts design and install every aspect of an FBS Sanctuary™ to withstand brute force, bullets, hurricanes, and tornadoes. These aspects include:
- Custom security doors: We install beautiful, custom-designed bulletproof and fireproof doors that lock automatically and are motorized and unpickable.
- High-security windows: Our engineers will install custom-designed certified security, hurricane, and ballistic windows aligned with your needs.
- Biometric access control: We provide the latest programable biometric facial recognition Sanctuary Management System™, giving you ultimate access control.
- Bullet-resistant walls and ceiling: Our skilled artisans can apply BallistiCrete spray or plaster to any existing walls or ceilings, making them bullet-resistant.
Start Your High-Security Panic Room Installation Today
Trust FBS to create a safe haven in your property according to FEMA standards, affording you unsurpassed protection when you need it most. We can ship and install your high-security FBS Sanctuary™ worldwide, enabling you to benefit from our advanced systems no matter where you are. Contact our expert team today via our online form or give us a call to discuss your safe room needs.